Tuesday, July 5, 2011

new classes!

This week we started our CUEF classes, which is the French university for foreign students. Yesterday we took a placement exam and chose our "cours a option" (2 courses of our choice, 2 weeks each, 1 credit each). I chose the civilization course and the oral perfection course because the first is more about contemporary France, and sounded like less reading, and the second sounded like a fun way to improve my speaking skills, which is what is most important to me. I'm not a French major, so French literature courses and writing courses aren't really useful, I mostly want to know how to speak French well, and to understand the country better.

Today was out first day of class. I placed into the B1+ class, which means I am about intermediate. We had this class from 8:30-10:30, and it is basically just a typical language class. I like the professor, and I have quite a few friends from U of M in this class. From 10:30-12:20 each day we have our course a option. I'm in the civilization class now, and in two weeks it will switch to the oral speaking class. When I got to my civilization class this morning our professor told us we were going to leave and take a tour of Grenoble! So that was great, instead of sitting in a classroom for 2 hours, we got to walk around the city seeing beautiful sites, and hearing about the history of the city!

Dinner has been much livelier these past two nights because there are 3 french students staying with us now. they know Madame Cottave well it seems, I take it they have stayed here before, so they tease her and joke around a lot. Anyway, it is time for me to do the rest of my reading for tomorrow.

A toute suite!

No comments:

Post a Comment