Friday, July 1, 2011

"Its not a purse, its called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."


People watching on public transit is always a treat. Today on my bus ride back home I saw 5 men in my vicinity carrying purses (satchels). All of them were small, and the type that goes over your shoulder (such as the one Alan models above). Men young and old seem to find purses to be quite practical here, perhaps even stylish, since one young man's appeared to be designer. The other day I saw something even more peculiar, a teenage boy with a similar bag that went around his waist, it was basically a fanny pack, but smaller. Anyway, I found the idea of men with purses funny, and when I thought of the scene from the movie the Hangover (or Very Bad Trip in "French") I nearly laughed out loud.

So it is finally Friday, which means a break from work. I had to come home earlier than usual this afternoon to finish a little writing assignment, but now that it is finished and turned in, I am free for the weekend...except the mountains of reading I have to complete at some point. Tonight I will meet some friends of mine from class and we will go out to see what the night life is like here in Grenoble. I will go out after dinner, around 9, and return just 3 hours later at around midnight. This is because I am going out with the frugal students and we do not want to spend money on expensive taxis when the Noctibus stops running at 12 am, and the Trams at 2 am. the other group of students plans to go out to the "discotheque" tonight, which sounds fun, but it doesn't open until 11pm! So they are going to be out very late.

Now I think I will finally go running again, so hopefully I don't come back as a balloon from all of these French desserts and breads!

No comments:

Post a Comment