Thursday, July 21, 2011

adventurous eating.

Clearly the workload in my classes has begun to pile up and I've had less and less time to write. However, today I thought I'd procrastinate and jot down some thoughts before writing my two small essays. The first is that I have become much more adventurous in my eating since arriving in France. I try almost everything-hot, cold things sometimes still give me the creeps to try. I've tried things that I didn't think I could possibly like, for example, cooked red cabbage with ham? It was actually good, not filling enough as the only dish, but tasty. Anyway, here is my promise I've made to myself, don't let me become lazy and break it when I return to the States; I promise to try more things that you cook Nancy! I know sometimes if you think outside of the box and make something new, I am not very welcoming of your efforts, so I promise I will be better about trying things.

Also, I can't let myself forget again how much I love raspberry jam. I realized I liked it 3 years ago when I was in France, and somehow forgot and never really ate it between that time. Now I've rediscovered my long lost love. Speaking of raspberries, there better be plenty left on Grandpa's bushes when I get home!!!

What else do I have to say? Nothing really. Classes are boring this week. Its been cold this week. Finally it didn't rain today, but we had to go to the store and buy more warm clothes yesterday because its so cold in the morning when we leave for class. I bought a pair of loose brown cotton pants and a cardigan with zebras all over it. Its going to be highs of mid seventies for the next 10 days, so says the forecast. everyone is a bit stressed and homesick at this point. One girls dad arrived last night for a visit and to see the Tour de France. We were all pretty jealous. The Tour de France will come through town Saturday, sadly I'll be in Marseille with my program, but I figured, I saw the finish of the Tour on the Champs-Elysees the last time I was in France, and I have never seen Marseille, so it takes priority. hopefully it will be a fun trip!

Okay now maybe, just maybe, I'll get some work done before dinner.
A toute suite!

No comments:

Post a Comment