Friday, August 5, 2011

c'est fini.

Well, my final paper is turned in, my stuff is nearly all packed, my final dinner in Grenoble is being digested. The trip of a lifetime is coming to a close...NOT! Now the fun starts. Not that Grenoble wasn't fun, we had our great moments together, and the weekend getaways were fantastic, but now off to new things. The best part? No reading, no homework! If you were wondering why I've been so absent on the blog lately, its all the dang school work! I guess that's why its called study abroad.

But now I'll have wonderful time to read Quatre Filles et un Jean (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in French) on the train to Paris, and time to throroughly soak up my last few weeks here in Europe.

So here is the agenda:
Tomorrow I leave Grenoble for good at 12:05pm on a train to Paris. I'll arrive just after 3pm, and wait for one of the friends I'm staying with until his train arrives an hour later (more precious reading time!) We will then set off for the apartment we'll be staying in. My three friends have rented it for the week, and are graciously letting me stay for just 3 days to get my taste of Paris for a very good price. We'll spend Saturday evening exploring The City of Light at night, which is a side of Paris I've had yet to see. Sunday we hope to go to the Lourve because it is free the first Sunday of each month, and other than that, our plans are in Chris' hands. I am up for anything, as I've already been to the city once, so I'm not immensely concerned about missing anything iconic.

Tuesday morning I'll leave Paris for Germany! I'll arrive in the Munster train station where one or more of the wonderful Ostendorps will pick me up and bring me to their home in Nordhorn. I left the plans in Lena's hands, so we will see what she has in store for me. I believe an Amsterdam trip was in the plans though.

On Thursday the 18th I'll leave Germany for Brest where I will visit Jules (a friend from my first stay in France). He has graciously offered to entertain me for 4 days, once again my laziness in planning is apparent, as I am leaving that up to him. Then finally Monday the 22nd I will return to Paris for one last night. I think I may decide to stay closer to the airport for easier morning commute and a cheaper room. finally my flight will leave Paris around 11 or so Tuesday morning and I will finally be on my way home. It will be bittersweet, but I will definitely be ready. I'm missing my wonderful family, friends, and kitties so very much!

Hopefully I will have time to share my wonderful experiences as they happen. Until then it's Goodbye Grenoble, Hello Vacation! :)

A photo of the old church and the farm market from one of my last days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment