Sunday, August 21, 2011

Germany.


Well I spent 9 days in Germany and it just flew right by so quickly I didn't even write about it! I arrived Tuesday afternoon, exhausted from only 3 hours of sleep the night before and 6 hours of travel starting at 6 am. So when I arrived at Lena’s house, I had a little snack, and took a much needed nap. I was served a traditional German dinner of meatballs, potatoes, and cauliflower before heading to one of Lena’s friends houses. We hung out and got to know each other a bit and then we returned home.

The next days flew by before I knew it. We visited the city where Jules (Lena’s boyfriend) will study, the huge mall nearby, the Ikea in the Netherlands to shop for everyone’s new apartments. We also went out to Germanys largest Nightclub on Friday for a night of dancing. Saturday we celebrated Philips birthday at his house with a barbeque get together. Monday we went to Amsterdam, and gawked at the prostitutes in the red light district, and laughed at the souvenir shops selling marijuana paraphernalia. Tuesday, Lena and I visited her new apartment to take measurements for wallpaper. Wednesday, my last full day, I visited a nearby castle with the family and for dinner we went with all of Lena’s friends for an all-you-can-eat spare ribs buffet.

Dinner at the Portugese restaurant.
 Lena and her dad in front of the school.
 Index, the gigantic night club.
 One of Amsterdam's beautiful canals
 The castle near Nordhorn.

I had a fantastic time. The best part was that for the first time in forever I didn’t feel like a tourist or a guest, I felt at home. I have Lena and her parents to thank for that. I guess she’s returning the favor for her time spent with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment